How to Join
Become a member of OPA and Support Oklahoma's News Media
We help our members succeed through legislative advocacy, networking and information sharing, revenue generation and professional development.
OPA offers three types of membership:
- Newspapers defined as legal publications by the statutes of the State
of Oklahoma and therefore qualified to publish public notices.
newspapers that are published on a daily, semi-weekly or weekly basis.
- View Legal Publication Qualifications (Title 25, Okla. Statute 106)
- Annual Membership Dues: One full page of advertising
at the local rate + 2% of OPS ad checks sent to the newspaper in the
previous calendar year
» View list of Business Members
- A publication that is not a legal newspaper may apply
for sustaining membership if it is: (1) Published at least once per
month for 24 consecutive months, and (2) Each issue contains at least
25% news content.
- Individuals, corporations or organizations engaged
in furnishing equipment, supplies or services to business members or who
is otherwise interested in the welfare of the newspaper profession.
- Annual Membership Dues: $200 for individuals, $400 for companies
» View list of Sustaining Members
- Individuals who were previously engaged in the newspaper profession. Includes retirees.
- Annual Membership Dues: $65
» View list of Associate Members
Staff Members (for Website Access only)
- Individual staff members of companies
or organizations that are members of the OPA are assigned a "staff
member" role for use on this website.
- It is not an official membership
of the OPA.
» Log into OPA Website