The contest is open to magazines produced by OPA business-member newspapers only.
Download Rules & Contest Info
- ENTRY: An entry consists of TWO ISSUES published between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31, 2020, by a magazine that publishes at least quarterly. (Limit of one entry per publication.)
- CONTENT: All articles must have been locally produced by the staff or freelancers.
- DISTRIBUTION: Magazines may be distributed to your readership by any means.
- DIVISION: All entries will compete in one division.
- AWARDS: First, second and third place will be awarded. First place receives a plaque; second and third place winners each receive a certificate.
- ENTRY FEE: $25 per entry. (Entry fee may be included with Better Newspaper Contest payment.)
- JUDGING CRITERIA: Judges will consider quality of writing, editing, design, photography, advertising, creativity and overall effectiveness.
- ENTRY DEADLINE: February 3, 2020
- Provide your two issues digitally as PDFs or flipbook format. If the files are too large for the contest website, upload your two issues to a third-party site, such as scribd.com or issuu.com, and provide the links at OPA's contest website for judges to review.
- Enter online at: http://betternewspapercontest.com/opa. When submitting an entry, the Division is “Special Awards” and category is “Magazine Contest."
QUESTIONS: For clarification of contest rules, email Lisa Sutliff or call her at (405) 499-0026, 1-888-815-2672 (toll-free in Oklahoma).